Author Archives: aniekanusoroh
In 30+ years of retail experiences I have had the pleasure of working with thousands upon thousands of people. Many of them were highly ambitious and motivated to improve their personal and economic situation by moving up “the corporate ladder”. What follows are 10 common characteristics I have observed that have separated true “Top Performers” from the thousands of others who may have the desire to advance but lack the personal discipline to change themselves in ways that will help them achieve their long term goals. Consistently applying these characteristics has provided success in many situations over the years, both for myself and for many others I have mentored along the way.
1. They are high trust individuals; character and competence. To be successful people have to be able to trust you. This goes well beyond the basic foundations of being honest, not stealing, etc. Your track record has to answer tough questions for others…Can he really do what he promised? Will she push through when things get tough? Will they admit a mistake and own it? Will her actions line up with her intentions? Will people give her the benefit of the doubt if they don’t? Trust is the foundation for strong relationships which are critical to creating and sustaining high performance.
2. They manage themselves first. The best performers are driven to succeed and they recognize that they can’t be hypocritical leaders. They are self aware, focused on their own continuous improvement, and have a thirst for growth and learning. They look first at themselves as the potential source of “the problem” and recognize that they must change their approach or develop new skills to achieve a different (and better) outcome. These are the people that never need scolding when they make a mistake as they are already beating themselves up 10 times worse than you could ever dream of doing.
3. They don’t bring any baggage. Top Performers do not bring things into the equation that create difficult situations, hinder performance, or put their supervisor in positions where they feel the need to defend or explain away perceived issues or favoritism. Everyone has a personal life, problems that arise, imperfections to overcome, temporary crisis’s, and personality quirks that make them unique. Top Performers possess the ability to manage all these things and keep them from being part of their performance in the workplace.
4. They align personal goals with company goals. Achieving the company goal, or solving the company issue, gets them one step closer to their own personal goals. Their ability to put this into action allows them to embrace change early (and forcefully) and may even get them “charged up” to champion the latest company cause or tackle the most difficult of issues. This translates into commitment and energy that drives motivation and helps them push past obstacles that would stop others in their tracks. This energy level also helps to rally groups of people towards common goals that can lead to huge improvements in performance.
5. They take the toughest assignments. You have most certainly heard the terms to describe these people…”turn-around specialist, problem solver, troubleshooter, etc”…who always are willing to rise to the challenge and take on the assignment that no one else wants. Interestingly, while many people view these assignments as “career suicide”, these individuals see it differently. No where to go but up!! The more who have failed, the bleaker the outlook, the lesser the chance of success…the MORE they get excited about the opportunity. They know they can make a difference and that they will get noticed for it when it happens…and at the very least they get the kudos for their willingness to give it their best shot. I have seen people literally ride the success of the reputation they earned by taking several of these assignments. Big risk…but also big reward.
6. They make decisions based on facts. True, every decision will not have all the facts you would like. Also true, decisions made on gut feel alone can have huge consequences. Top Performers are great decision makers and have a unique blend of using their instincts to guide them without allowing their emotions to get the best of them and lead to a poor decision. They ask great questions, remain calm and focused on the problem at hand, and seek out the data needed to make the best decision possible. This process of decision making becomes another source of confidence that adds to their ability to consistently repeat their success across more and more diverse situations.
7. They see the big picture. “He can’t see the forest for the trees”. You will never hear that said that about these folks. They have the ability to zoom in and get deeply immersed into the details to get things done, and then zoom completely back out to maintain the proper perspective of how the issue at hand impacts the larger situation (company, stakeholders, future, etc). This ability compliments others listed here and results in a laser focus on the right things and an ability to continuously make significant improvements.
8. They come through for the Boss. Everyone has heard the phrase “it’s not what you do it’s who you know”. Well, when you are really great at what you do it’s amazing how many people want to know you. I have seen a pattern develop many times in my career. Great leaders (the Boss) are always on the lookout for followers that they can count on to deliver. Once you deliver for them once, they remember…and many times will bring you more (and larger) assignments and opportunities. This is a win/win scenario…the Boss looks great because they are delivering results and the Top Performer has a champion in the business who wants them on their team. As the Boss moves up the Corporate ladder, or to other companies, they are eager to bring their own team of proven winners with them. This can be a very profitable relationship for many years as long as both parties deliver their part of the bargain. This is where all the characteristics come together into some significant rewards that can catapult a career.
9. They are positive – “can do; let’s go”. A Top Performer has an unshakable confidence that allows them to view almost everything as something they can handle or overcome. Words like can’t, try, too hard, etc, are not in their vocabulary. They are abnormally positive about challenging situations and may even relish in the opportunity to show their ability, test themselves, develop new skills, and learn new subjects. Rest assured, if they set their sights on it you can almost bet that they will be successful…which leads to even more of this crazy optimism that spills into all parts of their life.
10. They improve every situation. A true top performer can be counted on to make any and every situation better than it was. No matter how bad, how hopeless, how many others have failed, etc; there is a confidence in this person that they will always find ways to improve performance, relationships, profitability, morale, etc. With this confidence comes a tremendous range of differing assignments that provide new experiences, challenges, perspectives, and opportunities to learn new things and develop new skills. Granted that not all problems can be solved or fixed; but rest assured they will find a way to make it better than it was before they became involved.
These 10 characteristics are common among many that I have observed throughout my career. I am sure there are many more that could be added to round out this list and I hope that these are helpful to someone looking to make an impact and move ahead. If you found these valuable please “like” this post and/or leave comments. Your feedback is both welcomed and appreciated.
keep walking the Pathway of Champions
Great morning to you! Its a new day and another opportunity to get it right again!!!
Over the past weekend I had such an amazing time at SpeakXpress2.0 August edition….it was tagged The Project called YOU and you can see all the pictures on THE PATHWAY OF CHAMPIONS facebook page. Do check them out.
Today ,I am writing on a subject matter I am going to be speaking on at a forthcoming World Youth Day event…its called “THE TROUBLE WITH BEING GIFTED”..watch out for that.
We all have one gift or the other….and that’s a blessing because if properly engaged, our gifts will make a way for us….the dictionary defines a GIFT as “a special ability or capacity; natural endowment; talent…” So at a surface level, it SHOULD simply mean that your gifting gives an added advantage in certain areas……but wait a minute..it doesn’t always turn out like that….does it?
Do you know that there are certain issues that come with being gifted and that is just what I am talking about here…it’s so important because far too many “would-have-been-champions” who are blessed and gifted have in one way or another (consciously or not) turned their gifting to burdens or curses…..yes Sir! Sad but so!!!!… A couple of days whilst sharing my thoughts on this subject,someone asked me how being gifted could possibly have any form of trouble……Great question….and so I answer…..
The first trouble with being gifted is NOT KNOWING THAT YOU ARE GIFTED!!!!……let’s talk some bible..the Bible tells me that GOD would not NEVER give (or allow) us MORE than we can bear…now that speaks to CAPACITY…therefore kindly permit me to rephrase as thus; GOD would not give us more than we are “equipped”, “talented” or “Gifted” to bear! So it simply means that for your level of gifting,you would attract the same level of challenges or burdens and the way you would overcome these challenges and burdens is by engaging your equipment,talents or gifts……that’s clear,isn’t it? I once said to a prayer group that the Devil DOESNT fight you at the level of your knowledge…no no….it fights you at the level of your potential. Now imagine with me, that with all these challenges,you don’t even know what your gifts are!!! My Goodness….you surely will have struggles that you seemingly have absolutely no answer to….what are you going to engage??? The Challenges are there because of your gifts and yet you don’t know your gift!!!! Sure sounds like trouble to me. This is why its all too important to daily work towards being the best version of yourself. I certainly believe that you are wired to win and equipped to excel but if you dont activate what is within you,it is of no advantage to you.
Activating your giftings is tied to you understanding where you are going to in life (VISION) and exactly how you are going to get there(MISSION). your MISSION determines the kind of resource, strategy and plan that you would require to attain your VISION. This means you have to ask yourself certain questions and seek answers to them. Questions such as
- Where am I going to?
- How do I get there?
- What do I need to get there?
- Do I have what i need to get there?
- How do I get what I need to get there?
Seek,reach deep and you shall find….
Ok! The second trouble that comes with being gifted is being TOO aware of your gifts!!! Yep,we just moved from one extreme to the other!! Being over conscious of gifts makes room for pride which is definitely leads to over dependence on those gifts which can lead to failure if not checked….what do I mean?
So you are great guy with great gifts..then you begin to think you are THAT great and start looking down on other peoples gifts thinking your gifts are sufficient to see you through….forgetting that you are not wired to Win all by yourself (OUCH)…you need the butler to open the door of opportunity to you…you need the traffic man to pass you along the pathway of champions…..but you feel you don’t need them because you got gifts…..then you crash….gifted but failed…..gifted but not delivering ….gifted but stuck!!!! Don’t let your gift stand in your way…you need the next man’s gift as well.
The Trouble with being gifted…. have your gifts ever given you trouble? lets talk about it.
follow me at @aniekan10 on Instagram, @aniekan1 on Twitter and Aniekan Usoroh on Facebook.
Have a great day….stay on the Pathway of Champions
AU and The Pathway of Champions Initiative presents SpeakXpress2.0 , tagged “THE PROJECT CALLED YOU” holding on the 5th of August ,2017 at The ROOTHUB , Akees Plaza, Ibb Way in the heart of the city of UYO,AKS
do plan to attend if you are in the city of Uyo. Spread the word. you would also be able to watch us live on my instagram page. I am looking forward to an amazing event
keep walking the Pathway of Champions
Awesome Monday ahead???? I do certainly hope so…….I have a piece for you today…someone somewhere needs to read this…..come with me……………………….
Perhaps the most difficult part of any process in life is in the transition from one level to the another. Usually this comes with a lot of discomfort, confusion and even pain!!! You are in one place and your mind, heart and entire will is in another…you are having the mindset of a brighter tomorrow and yet you are experiencing the pains and struggles of today……hmmm. Indeed what a seemingly dreadful period or season it can be. OK, so I have news for you, its all part of the process!!!!! You probably don’t like to hear that much, do you?? please dont slay me yet…just read on
The key is in understanding the process. The process develops you and grows you. In other words the process matures you.In psychology, Maturity is the ability to respond to an environment or situation in an appropriate manner. You cant talk about a process without talking about time and you most certainly cant talk about maturity without talking about time as well. Maturity requires that you develop patience and resilience without giving in or giving up in the face of a painful or discomforting situation. With maturity, you can go through a situation and not curse anyone (or even God) whilst going through it. birthing something significant comes with quite some pain….ask your mother if you don’t believe me!. the Process is what qualifies you to have the capacity to ATTAIN and MAINTAIN your there! like i said, it comes with pain, it comes with your getting tired but it is exactly those discomforts that grow you and strengthen you. The Pain is only a waste if what is birthed is not worth the pain….remember No Price, no Prize!!!!!!.You have to pay the Price to get the Prize. No matter how long it takes between one level and the next, go through it and STAND strong.
One day, a friend jokingly asked me why i was wearing dark sunglasses and i responded aloud to him “my future is too bright!” and guess what?…… the very same goes for you,so go through the process of attaining that bright future.
Recall that Joseph had a promise and yet went through some stuff to get to the Palace. the Palace awaits you so don’t pass out on the journey. don’t faint now. don’t give up now…the Palace awaits you.
keep walking the Pathway of Champion.
Coming up on the 5th of August 2017 is the SpeakXpress 2.0 brought to you by The Pathway of Champions Initiative in collaboration with The Roothub in the city of Uyo,AKS. This edition is themed THE PROJECT CALLED YOU and it promises to be deeply impactful…..I am so looking forward to it. Join us as we shall be streaming live on facebook and on my instagram wall @aniekan10
have a truly amazing week ahead
Great morning,Champs…I woke up extremely excited about the future. there is so much charge about the mid year and the essential need for a half year self evaluation in order to rightly thrust forward into the second half of the year.Just like a lot of people, I have done same and have come with DOs for the second half of the year and beyond which I am going to be sharing with everyone I interact with…Ready? come with me.
1. Live above fear…..fear is real and there are some things I have had real fear of. However,I have realized that for me to attain the vision that I have, I would have to do it not without my fears but rather IN SPITE of my fears. In order for me to do that I have to live above my fears.living above my fears means that I recognize them and then push past them. Omilola Oshikoya captures this aptly in her power phrase: “Doing it afraid”. No matter how making a great move brings out fear in you, go ahead anyway! too many people are stuck in jobs they are most unhappy with and they are afraid to even figure out how they will move forward, too afraid of what a different life would be regardless of how unhappy with the one that they are presently having. Yet the very thing that they desire is on the other side of their fear! with determination and your eyes fixed on your desired outcome, you have to push through the fear. I like to put it this way, believe so much in your dream that it weighs much more than your fear and then use your fear as part of the steeping stones to getting to where you want to get to. LIVE ABOVE YOUR FEAR.
2.You are equipped to excel…..I certainly do believe that everyone is equipped to excel as long as it is at the right assignment. Tale Alimi says that everyone has a niche..Fela Durotoye says that everyone has a garden and you have been equipped with ALL that you need to tend your garden…your garden ..not another person’s garden. applying your gifting and skills in a sphere where you are equipped to function optimally leaves you quite unsuccessful and significantly frustrated which is ,in many regards, what a lot of folks are dealing with now! all these means that you must, as a matter of necessity, find your garden or your purpose and then deploy all that you have to pursue and I bet you high success. Realizing that you equipped to excel also means that whenever you are faced with the issues or challenges that are overwhelming you,its indicative of the fact that you are deploying all that you have been equipped with. After all God said HE would never give us more than we can bear..that’s a settled truth! so it seems that its more than we can bear, it means we haven’t looked well enough at what we have within to deal with the “it”. knowing that you are well equipped should give you the confidence to live above the fear as well.
3. Maintain your equipment…..No matter how well equipped you are, to get ahead in life, if you fail to pay attention to or manage those equipment or harness those skills etc a time will soon come when they will no longer be able to serve you as you need them to. This is why we need to pay attention to our minds, our health, our bodies,our training,our development, our libraries, our relationships etc ..for these are what we have been equipped with! I can personally tell you that no matter how heavy your vision is and how it burns with you, if you don’t pay attention to your health whilst in pursuit of that vision, you stand a great chance of your body failing you by way of poor health which immensely impedes or inhibits you from being as involved in the pursuit of vision as you would loved to be. like myself, I know folks who just keep going on and on at what they do…I can go days without sleep working on one project or the other..I could go through a working day,so deep in work that I don’t remember to grab a meal(on some of those days, I don’t even have any drink)and when you don’t pay attention to your body, it sure has a way of calling you to order! lol. Maintain your equipment also speaks to developing ourselves because in the age of rapid technology, there are always new ways of getting what we do done and if we are not in touch with what delivers the best, then it means we are not the best at what we do!! therefore its then of huge importance that we consistently seek ways to service our knowledge and skill accounts. Same can be said for relationships, they have to be maintained and serviced. Get it?
I trust that these 3 DOs would serve you well in the rest of the year as you get ahead in every area of your life.
On the 1st of July I hosted an event called SpeakExpress which is a hangout event where people come together to chill and discuss issues which relate to excellent performance and personal victories and in that edition we discussed challenges facing startups and nascent businesses in Nigeria. it was quite educative with clear call to actions. The next edition comes up early in August and yes much later in August or September comes THE CHAMPIONS SUMMIT season 2. Do look forward to these events and get as involved as you can.
Together we would keep keep walking the Pathway of Champions
Other people helped you get where you are. Do that for someone else. Don’t wait for people to come to you. Opportunities slip away while you wait. Seek opportunities to help others see their power. Transformational conversations: You make a difference when you inspire others to make a difference. Ask people to tell their stories. Listen […]
Great morning Champions….
it’s a great day to be alive and yes another opportunity to do it better with God on your side. It has been a busy couple of months gone by and it sure doesn’t look like it is about to slow down. As we approach the half year mark, it’s a time for appraisal and goal resetting. How has the year been thus far? Speaking to many a number of great people who signed up to the Pathway of Champions Mentorship club, it has been such a honor helping my friends sharpen and shape their perspective of their vision and have another look at their strategy of deploying their mission in order to attain or achieve that vision. Today I want to share some of the things that I have discussed with my friends on the Mentorship Club.
- Have a huge desire to learn…. There is no way that anyone can get ahead in life if they are not learning something new. If they are not unlearn SOME things that they have known. If they are not learning new things about the old things that they already know. It’s a key to unlocking possibilities. Learning is acquiring knowledge and understanding, understanding is synonymous with direction and clarity. Clarity means that you can see your way forward through life. Learn from everything around you. Like I say, I either learn what to do or I learn what NOT to do. Either way I am learning.
- Sometimes you will do what you have to do before you do what you want to do……. At some point your passion won’t be paying your bills, at least not until you make it ”commerciable”. In that time period, while you are developing yourself and finetuning the skills and talents that come with your passion, you will find that you will have to work at a Job. My advice is that you seek to have a job that in one way or the other develops your capacity to deploy your passion even better. Make every part of your life journey count. (Do read up “between you’re here and your there” on aniekanusoroh.wordpress.com)
- Stay authentic……its easy to want to be a fela durotoye or a Jimi Tewe or Tara or Cobhams but guess what that is not who you are. They may inspire you or motivate you but they certainly are not there for you to clone them. You have to be YOU to be able to deploy your passion successfully. You are specifically wired and equipped for your assignment. Find what works with you and develop it to the best possible way that you can. When I started public speaking, I wanted to sound like everybody that inspired and it was confusing even to me. Lol. Imagine sounding like Paul Adefarasin with gesticulations like Fela Durotoye at the same time trying to be calm and suave like Lanre Olusola…..confusion!!! here is the secret, its just easier to be you..authenticity is attractive!
- Be clear about your long-term intention. I would say that understanding your long-term intention shapes and determines what you do in your now and short term. The short term would always present situations that can consume you in the now and has the potential of taking your eyes of your long-term goal. The way to stay on top of your game is to be very clear about your vision and always tie in everything the present to your vision. Let everything you do point you in the direction of your vision.
That’s it for today, more to come in the days ahead. Do follow me on @aniekan10 on Instagram and @aniekan1 on twitter. Be sure to like The Pathway of Champions page on facebook as there is so much coming up there for you.
Hey,Have a truly profitable week as you keep walking The Pathway of Champions.
Great Morning Champs,
The bible says that weeping may endure for a night but JOY comes in the morning..the morning represents light..light is indicative of illumination which can be translated as understanding and clarity…clarity makes way for direction and because the right direction is never given from the back but from the front, direction is synonymous with LEADERSHIP….now wait a minute!!!! lets go back a bit…..Weeping may endure for a night but remember that JOY comes in the morning..morning is equal to light! permit me to say therefore that your morning comes when YOU switch on the light! When you decide to put on the switch of leadership, your darkness dispels….when you decide to put on the switch of leadership, your light will shine. Step out of darkness and step into light. Be the LEADER that you are designed and called to be! lead right where you are by becoming the best version of YOU that can possibly be at this very time.
I am building a movement of Champions who are learning what it is to Lead in their lives. it doesnt matter what you are dealing with, the success story is what you would have triumphed over after this. My name is Aniekan AU Usoroh, I represent THE PATHWAY OF CHAMPIONS INITIATIVE and this is my life’s purpose.
keep walking the Pathway of Champions
Good evening,Champs..I trust that you had an AMAZING day…… Something new is brewing on the Pathway of Champions. I will be sure to keep you posted on it. Today, I want us to talk about being true to ourselves. Come with me.
Self deceit is one of the worst things that can ever happen to anybody. Nothing is worse than passionately believing the wrong thing!!! Hmmmmmmmmmmm…..Your vision is obscured, your decisions are misaligned, your actions are damning and you know whats worse??? YOU DON’T EVEN KNOW IT!
Indeed what a horrible place to be! however if the truth be said, at one point or the other, to one varying measure or the other,we have all( yes…you and I) suffered from self deceit…here are some quotes i would like you reflect on;
“Take the life — lie away from the average man and straight away you take away his happiness.” Henrik Ibsen
“The heart deceives, because it is never anything but the expression of the mind’s miscalculations … I don’t know what the heart is, not I: I only use the word to denote the mind’s frailties.” Marquis de Sade
“Above all, don’t lie to yourself. The man who lies to himself and listens to his own lie comes to a point that he cannot distinguish the truth within him, or around him, and so loses all respect for himself and for others. And having no respect he ceases to love.” Fyodor Dostoyevsky, The Brothers Karamazov
and now for my all time favourite quote on self deceit….
The good news is that we can , yes we can, learn to be true to ourselves!!! lets talk about it, lets work on it…… join me tomorrow as I take this further in much greater detail and depth.
Be true to thyself as you keep walking the Pathway of Champions
Be true to thyself…………..The Wikipedia defines self deceit or self deception as ” a process of denying or rationalizing away the relevance, significance, or importance of opposing evidence and logical argument. Self-deception involves convincing oneself of a truth (or lack of truth) so that one does not reveal any self-knowledge of the deception.” simply put, it is believing wholeheartedly a lie put forward by one’s self, so that in your eye, mind and consciousness, the lie has now become your , (not the but your…) truth. My friends, its a dangerous place to be…..a level of insanity!!!!
Understand that because you see absolutely nothing wrong with your perception or belief, you would also see nothing wrong with the effects of the decision or actions that you carry out based on your self deception!!!! ….My brother, my sister…be true to thyself.
You believe that you are doing good, you assess yourself and score yourself high then assess others and find every and anything wanting with them……..sounds familiar??? you judge others by their actions and you judge yourself by your intentions. I know this too well…yes….at some recent point in my life, i was so deep in self deceit that everything I did ,good or bad, creative or destructive, was justified by my “intent”……..I couldn’t tell how wrong I was or had gotten. if I was in a wrong relationship with a woman, I will justify it by saying ” at least I am making her happy…I am giving joy to someone” what a lie! and i believed that lie!!!!!!!!! I was blind to how oppressive I had gotten , how i was practically destroying everything around me whilst telling myself that I was a good guy!!!!! My friend….be true to thyself!
Now imagine a leader who has self deception as regards his leadership style? you probably don’t have to stress to imagine as History and the Bible provides us with a long list of such. Imagine the husband who is tells himself that he is good man yet his wife cries to sleep every night exhausted from being left alone to carry the burden of raising the kids and running the home….hmmm..yet he is a good man. Imagine the one in the church who sincerely believes he or she is heaven bound yet sees nothing wrong with gossiping or destroying people with their mouth or projected perceptions….Or is it the one who thinks she is holy because her multitude sins and shortcomings are seemingly unknown to others????? the Governor who thinks he has done well by reconstructing government house whilst his people live in huts and dilapidated structures?????? Indeed Self deception abounds everywhere……how sad.
Now imagine with me, a nation where everyone is void of self deception and thus recognizes their shortcomings with a view to working on them and thus becoming a better people and a better nation. The danger of self deception is that since you see nothing wrong with the way you are, there is no catalyst to desire change and improvement. you stop learn and start dying!!!!!!
Be true to thyself……..there is a huge measure of vulnerability that comes with genuine self examination. You realize all of a sudden how very wrong you have been or how misaligned you have been and also realize that along the way you have negatively impacted on people. The reality of all of these can really be crushing depending how self deceived you were………………
We can be much more than this..I have seen myself grow since i had the veil removed from my eyes. it will fight everything you think you stand for but trust me, my friend, it releases you to truly be a great person.
Be true to thyself as you keep walking the Pathway of Champions
Great morning Champs, what a great day to be alive! here we are ,zooming towards the end of the month of MAY and I have to say, it does seem like 2017 is running on steroids…lol. May our successes come even faster!
Over the past few weeks as I have handled my varied responsibilities in my various areas of operations, it has dawned on me more than ever before that there was a need for me to review the concept of relationship! I have often said that relationship is the greatest resource that we have here on earth, whether it be relationship with our GOD ,relationship with our spouse, kids , business partners, associates, mentors or the world at large. Relationship is the vehicle via which we can execute all that we were born to do. it is so important that we are nothing without it. now with this understanding of the immensely broad concept of relationship,its critical that we pay attention to our relationships. Paying attention, in this regard, means a thorough x ray of how we relate with different people in our lives, how much access we have to them as well as how much access we grant to them, how much we desire to invest in them as well as how much we really do invest in them. it requires a genuine self examination.
First things first, relationships must be beneficial to you! and yes, I will say it again…RELATIONSHIPS MUST BE BENEFICIAL TO YOU ….and let me clear, this is not in anyway self centered. i am not talking about material benefits…certainly not..I am talking about anything that grows you,builds you,makes you a better person, gives you warmth and emotional support among many other things….. a relationship that helps you in one way or the other fulfill your purpose here on earth! Any relationship that doesn’t do any of the afore mentioned is simply unsuitable for you. this is why you need to know how to sort, grade and place your relationships so that what you give access to only promotes your own life vision. lets have a quick look at some groups of folks we have in our lives
There are those that are with you because they love what you love but don’t necessarily dislike what you dislike…in other words, your friend is their friend but your enemy is not their enemy which means that your enemies would have access to you through that kind of friend. How much access do you really want to give that kind of friend, I ask thee?????????
Moving on,there are those that are with you because they agree with what you are against but do not necessarily stand for what you stand for……in other words you have common enemies but your friends are not their friends. here ,you have a situational relationship and such people owe you no allegiance. NOW, here is what I am trying to get you to pay attention to….there is absolute nothing wrong with these two groups of people that I just mentioned!!!! They are not bad guys…the problem is NOT with them…. the real problem is with how you see them , relate with and give access to them!!!!!! this is how people get burnt in relationships….this is how businesses and partnerships crash… because we fail to appropriately sort, grade and place our relationships
Now, allow me to re-introduce to you a group of people, usually smaller than the other two groups, who have love what you love and hate what you hate….who share the same values as you do. these are ones that should have all the access to you. they will protect your dream even when you are sleeping, they will send enablers to you even when you didn’t look out for them. your vision enables their vision even as their vision enables yours…. these are your confidants! if your spouse isn’t in this last group, you are in BIG trouble. if your closest partners in business are not in this last group, you need a re-evaluation!
So no matter how many people you have around you, in your life, you must learn to sort, grade and place them so that you deal with them as you rightly should. Relationships are designed to bring the best in you….if you don’t handle relationships rightly,they can destroy you. don’t pour out your heart to leavers and then be aloof with stayers just because you couldn’t tell which was which. this applies to every area of your life, social ,secular or business.
SORT, GRADE AND PLACE your relationships right.
keep walking the Pathway of Champions